Black Panther

Home Forums Week 4 Forums Monday 7/13 Black Panther Black Panther

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #820
    hisonali
    Participant

I think Coates’ version is a fanfiction because it wasn’t written by the original creators and kind of gives more of a background into Wakandian life. It provides more depth into Black Panther’s character which was not previously provided. I believe the movie is an adaption.

#823
    Danielle Puccio
    Participant

I agree with the movie as an adaptation because it changes the genre and presents the character(s) differently – I am not familiar with the comics other than what we read for class today, so I don’t know how much of the movie was based on or established in comics. However, I am wondering how the new comic can be seen as fanfiction but not the movie given that statement of providing more and new depth to the character.

#826
    Duong Nguyen
    Participant

I want to say what we are presented with is fan fiction although in any situation I feel like once the original creator or company in this case marvel uses it or accept anything including publishing, promoting or distributing, any work will become part of the real series and considered as the storyline or official story.

#974
    bbracey
    Participant

`I agree that Coates’ version is a fan fiction because of the way he provides more insight on Wakandian life thus adding more depth as you stated. I see the movie as an adaptation due to the fact that it presents the characters differently. In changing the way that the characters are presented, the creators are able to deepen the meaning of the story while also additionalizing potential themes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.