Method

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #659
    Alan Glover
    Participant

The method I learned in this reading is the use of tags and its uses to promote a fanfiction. Tags are an informal method of describing a fic and can often incorporate comedic elements. Essentially, tags are little “blurbs” or words that are used to describe the story as a whole to give audiences an idea or concept of a specific fanfiction but can also be used within the writing as well.

I would use this methodology in my fanficiton to broaden my audiences through attractive terminology and descriptive words for my video. Additionally, I would incorporate comedic elements to ensure a light-hearted fanfiction as well as incorporating key terminology to the specific fandom.

#800
    bbracey
    Participant

I never fully understood the significance of tags until reading this chapter. Not only are they informational about the text, but they are also great outlets in order for authors to incorporate their personality in a comedic way. Personally, it helps me to read the tags before reading the full text in order to grasp a better overall understanding of what I will be reading. Also, I like your idea to utilize comedic elements from tags in your fanfic in order to target a specific fandom.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.